Colleen Kessler spends her days herding rabid cats. Not really — she just homeschools her four kids at the family home in Ohio.
A former classroom teacher and gifted intervention specialist, she now homeschools her own twice-exceptional son and provides parenting, gifted, and science resources on her blog. Today she shares a few of those parenting tips with us.
Her reminders are very welcome as we get back into routines and head into the tough homeschool burnout season.
Listen to the podcast
Links and resources from today’s show:
- Creative Homeschooling: A Guide for Smart Families, 2nd Edition – Colleen’s favorite homeschooling book.
- The Secret Garden – The Kessler’s favorite family read aloud.
- Melissa & Doug 60-Piece Standard Unit Blocks
- Body Magnet
- Raising Lifelong Learners – Colleen’s blog
- The Raising Lifelong Learners Facebook Community
Ways to Listen to The Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smart phone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.
If you are interested in leaving a rating or review for the podcast in iTunes — thank you!
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Feel free to leave a comment or question for either Colleen or me. We would both love to hear from you!
Latest posts by Pam Barnhill (see all)
- Learn to Write Numbers and a Free Printable - September 17, 2017
- How to have a successful Morning Time from the very first day - July 11, 2017
- How to create a flexible homeschool plan - June 13, 2017