Homeschooling the Early Years
Have questions about homeschooling preschool? Maybe your oldest is three and you are now excited to get started on this homeschooling journey you have chosen — after all the in-laws are wondering why junior isn’t heading off to “real school” and the ABCs beckon.
We’ve got you covered. We talk about what you should do, what you shouldn’t (broken down by age), and all the things we would do over again if we could.
*This was recorded live on Facebook. For a peek at the comments you can also watch it here.
** Want to skip the chit-chat? (I don’t mind — really.) Topic starts at about 4:00, so feel free to skip ahead.
Links and resources from today’s show:
- For the Children’s Sake
- So You Think You Want to Homeschool
- Preschool Revisited
- Before Five in a Row
- Homeschool Snapshots Interview with Jane Lambert
- All About Reading Level Pre-reading
- Preschool Math at Home
- Your Morning Basket Interview with Kate Snow
- Your Morning Basket – How to Do Morning Time with Littles
- Big Thoughts for Little People
- The Ultimate Guide to My Book House for Homeschoolers
- Morning Time for All Ages
- All About Reading Level 1
- Printing with Letter Stories
- A Formidable List of Attainments for a Child of Six
- New American Cursive
- Rhythm of Handwriting Cursive
- Exploring Nature with Children
- Preschool Nature by the Season – Spring
- Preschool Nature by the Season – Winter
- Educating the Wholehearted Child
For the Children’s Sake: Foundations of Education for Home and SchoolBefore Five in a Row by Jane Claire Lambert (1997-03-01)All About Reading Level Pre-reading (aka Pre-1) Teachers Manual (All About Reading)Preschool Math at Home: Simple Activities to Build the Best Possible Foundation for Your ChildAll About Reading, Level 1, Teachers Manual (All About Reading)Educating the WholeHearted Child — Third EditionBig Thoughts for Little People: ABC’s to Help You GrowPrinting with Letter StoriesNew American CursiveRhythm of HandwritingExploring Nature with ChildrenPreschool Nature by the SeasonPreschool Nature by the Season – Winter
Join the Facebook Community
We publish a new Homeschool Solutions TV video every week. For those, plus your daily funny, the most helpful homeschooling links, things that make you go “hmmm,” and community with a bit of sass, follow the Homeschool Solutions with Pam Barnhill Facebook page.