I was compensated for my time reviewing How to Teach Your Children Shakespeare and hosting the giveaway. All opinions are my own, and I was not required to give a favorable review. My guest was not compensated and her opinions are her own.
“To be or not to be.” “The course of true love never did run smooth.” “All the world’s a stage.” The language, characters, and stories of William Shakespeare have far-reaching influence for us today in our books, our pop culture, and even our everyday conversations.
But despite all this Shakespeare all around us, many of us are still left scratching our heads and wondering how in the world to begin studying the Bard with our students.
We are joined today on the podcast by homeschool grad, homeschool mom, and avid Shakespeare lover, Mystie Winkler of Simply Convivial. Mystie describes how, in just a few minutes a couple of times a week, we can share Shakespeare with our children and create in them not only a familiarity with his work, but also a taste for the beauty of his poetry.
When we focus on experiencing, enjoying, and embodying Shakespeare by memorizing passages, watching plays, and maybe even acting out a few scenes ourselves, we can foster a lifelong affection for this beloved figure in English literature.
Listen to the podcast
The Basket Bonus for today’s show is a procedure list from Mystie on studying Shakespeare. Get the exact method she uses in one easy printable for your Morning Time binder.
Also win your very own copy of How to Teach Your Children Shakespeare by Ken Ludwig. Check the bottom of this post for a chance to win.
Links and resources from today’s show:
- How to Teach Your Children Shakespeare by Ken Ludwig
- How to Teach Your Children Shakespeare website
- Mystie’s Shakespeare posts
- The Complete Arkangel Shakespeare recordings
Leave a Rating or Review
Thank you for your interest in leaving a rating or review for Your Morning Basket on iTunes. Here’s how you do it:
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Ways to Listen to Your Morning Basket
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smartphone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.
Special Giveaway of How to Teach Your Children Shakespeare
Win your very own copy of How to Teach Your Children Shakespeare by entering below. Ten copies are available to win and Ken said he would mail anywhere in the world, so international entries are welcome.