Open Pinterest and it hits you in the face like a pink-glitter-dipped-flowery-heart-cutesy-teddy-bear — well you get the idea. Valentines activities for the preschool crowd are everywhere right now. Which is all well and good, if you have preschoolers who like that sort of thing.
14 Fabulous Valentine’s Activities for the Older Crowd
- Crystallized Hearts – Grow your own crystals in the shape of nifty pink hearts. Don’t make them just watch, but let them read the directions, mix the solution, and set up the experiment themselves.
- Colored Flowers – Learn about transpiration and make a cool colored flower
- The Heart – Valentines is the perfect day to learn all about this vital organ.
- More Science Activities – Love the measuring heart rate and water bottle heart model.
- Styrofoam Valentine’s Prints – The grocery store will give you unused meat trays if you ask nicely. If you don’t have printing ink and a brayer, spread paint thinly with a foam brush.
- Valentine Inchies — Forget the kids. I may have to make some of these myself!
- Divided Heart – Oil pastel project practicing shading and gradations.
- Valentines Math Puzzles — Free download from Teacher’s Pay Teachers
- Hearts Sudoku – Heart-themed Sudoku game you play online
- Around the World – Informational page with St. Valentine’s Day customs from countries around the world.
- How Did Valentine’s Day Begin? – Printable with Venn diagram comparing Valentine origin legends
- Word Hearts – A cool graphics generator using your own words. Great for lists of people and things you love.
- Valentine’s Day Word Play – Match the heart-themed idioms to their meanings.
- Festisite – Enter your Valentine’s Day text and this nifty little site will run it around a heart graphic for you. Choose your font and font size and then be sure to pick letter as paper size, because that is NOT the default. Your graphic will download as a PDF. How cool is that!? Good for poems and love letters to mom.
More Valentine’s Day Fun
Check out some of my favorite bloggers and what they are up to for Valentine’s Day.
Do you use Project Life? Do you have extra scrapbooking materials lying around your house? Candace shows you how put them to good use and make valentines cards.
Linking this up at the All Things Valentines Link-Up. Go check out more fun ideas!
Linked up with We Are THAT Family and Works for Me Wednesday. More great ideas there!