Susan Wise Bauer is a mother of four, a writer, an academic, and a prominent figure in the world of home education. On this episode of the podcast, she shares her own experiences as a second-generation homeschooler and her observations about changes within the homeschooling community in recent decades.
Susan has some great insight about homeschooling within the overall context of the parent/child relationship, and she dispenses helpful advice about outsourcing subjects during the high school years. She also gives us the scoop on the upcoming 4th edition of The Well-Trained Mind. So sit back and enjoy!
Listen to the podcast
Links and resources from today’s show:
- The Well-Trained Mind by Susan Wise Bauer
- The Complete Writer by Susan Wise Bauer
- The Story of Western Science by Susan Wise Bauer
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Hornblower Saga by C.S. Forester
- New Seeds of Contemplation by Thomas Merton
- Well Trained Mind Academy
The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home (Third Edition)The Complete Writer, Writing With Ease: Strong Fundamentals: A Guide to Designing Your Own Elementary Writing Curriculum (The Complete Writer)The Lord of the Rings: 50th Anniversary, One Vol. EditionMr. Midshipman Hornblower (Hornblower Saga)New Seeds of Contemplation
Sponsored By Simplified Organization
Are you a paper planner or a digital planner? Head on over to simplifiedorganization.com/snapshots to take the quiz and find out.
There you can also sign up for the free three-part workshop on paper versus digital planning.
Ways to Listen to The Homeschool Snapshots Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smart phone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button in this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher. I show you how to do that here.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you would like to receive our weekly newsletter, which will notify you whenever new episodes are released, you can subscribe right here.
If you are interested in leaving a rating or review for the podcast in iTunes — thank you!
Doing so helps me get the word out about the podcast. iTunes bases their search results on positive ratings, so it really is a blessing — and it’s easy!
- Click on this link to go to the podcast main page.
- Click on View in iTunes under the podcast cover artwork.
- Once your iTunes has launched and you are on the podcast page, click on Ratings and Review under the podcast name. There you can leave either or both! Thanks so much.
Feel free to leave a comment or question for either Susan or me. We would both love to hear from you!